How much space left we've got?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Sun Jan 28 12:51:18 CET 2007

Salve Marcin!

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Apps will need to be prepared to give user option 'store to phone'/'store
> on card' without showing any other questions about it.

But some information for the user would be helpfull
- recomended place
- free space, needed space
optional:
- and when the application is small, but needs big libs,
  information which other apps use this libs
- show info about alternative apps using allready installed libs

Tool to move installed app from phone to card/card to phone

A (commercial) navigaion system would be very nice, so this
would be block the microSD. Whats about a RAMdisk and starting
apps from a (powerd) USB stick/USB/BT/GPRSnetwork?

BTW Bluetooth, it would be fine when my installed (FOSS) application
would be enought to let my friend install this on this Neo1973
- without wasting the space to mirror the full installation paket
- with an secure (encrypted) Bluetooth connection
- with official hashs that my friend can see that this installation
  is trustworthy
- and optional with my personal data, too.

Silly example - everytime he meet me I play a game on my Neo1973.
No he bought one himself and he can move his level to his Neo1973.

Greetings,
rob