How much space left we've got?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Sun Jan 28 13:24:34 CET 2007

Dnia niedziela, 28 stycznia 2007 12:51, Robert Michel napisał:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> > Apps will need to be prepared to give user option 'store to
> > phone'/'store on card' without showing any other questions about it.
>
> But some information for the user would be helpfull
> - recomended place
> - free space, needed space

Sure. In my phone I have such option in camera (where to put
videos/photos) but voice recorder store only in phone.

> - and when the application is small, but needs big libs,
>   information which other apps use this libs
> - show info about alternative apps using allready installed libs

Thats package managment not user applications.

> Tool to move installed app from phone to card/card to phone

Thats package managment and file manager.

> A (commercial) navigaion system would be very nice, so this
> would be block the microSD.

> Whats about a RAMdisk and starting apps from a (powerd) USB
> stick/USB/BT/GPRSnetwork?

USB Storage can be shown to user in same place as other choices:

- store to phone (12 MB free)
- store to card (249 MB free)
- store to USB Kingston (1290 MB free)
- store to USB IDE-to-USB adapter (25 GB free)

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

         Packrat's Credo:
         	I have no use for it, but I hate to see it go to waste.