PalmOS-like data storage

Andreas Hochsteger andreas.hochsteger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 21:23:43 CET 2007

2007/1/29, Joe Pfeiffer <jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net>:
> Hmmm....  I'd agree that profiles are very important, but could they
> be implicit?  A set of time/location access decisions defines a
> profile?  I like some suggestions made earlier, like "if I'm in this
> location within a given range, don't ring the phone between the hours
> of 8:00 PM and midnight".  Could this be used to quietly define a
> profile?

This sounds like a perfect job for a rule engine.

The ones I know of are all Java-based.
Does somebody know of something more light-weight and better suited
for embedded systems?

A less sophisticated use case would be to make it more explicit by
mark certain meetings in your calendar to use a certain phone profile.
The phone will then automatically switch to this profile for the
duration of the meeting. So you don't have to double check every time
if the auto-profile-determination logic took the right decision for
you ;-).

Another useful feature would be, if you could say:
"I'm in a meeting now where I don't want to be disturbed, but I'm
waiting for a special call which is allowed to disturb me." or
variations thereof (e.g. a certain group of important persons, ...).

--
Andreas