DBus for Generic Data Access Methods?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Jan 29 23:34:01 CET 2007

Let's get this back onto a more constructive level.

We have to distinguish two use cases here, one is using already
established dbus interfaces (like EDS and Bluetooth) and the other one
is brainstorming for not yet existing or not widely deployed dbus
interfaces like.

I totally agree that dbus API needs to be application driven, however
there is still reason to talk about syntax and semantics of the
provided interfaces.

Marcel, since you seem to have extensive experience with dbus API's,
what would be your preference based on the two RFC's I posted?

--
- Michael Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org>                   http://openmoko.org/