Profiles - General Discussion

Tomasz Zielinski tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:00:57 CET 2007

07-01-30, Marcin Juszkiewicz <openembedded at hrw.one.pl> napisał(a):

> I have idea of handling profile switching by misc events which would need
> to be managed in advanced mode of profile editor.
[...]
> What do you think?

If we consider other "must have" features known from other phones,
like custom ringtones for contact groups (or individuals) and
enabling/disabling incoming ringtone for contact group (or individual)
in different profiles, it is already going to be complicated as hell.

Clear and undrestandable profile manager GUI will be very hard to
create. As contact groups and profiles number won't be limited (do
they?), it's even impossible to draw simple features matrix to
enable/disable features for [group,profile] pair. A PocketPC
application was mentioned before - it's screenshots are very ugly. I
believe everything can be set up there, but whole settings can't be
shown at once, edited profile cannot be compared with other one and
ergonomy (basing on nested dropdown lists) is way too low.

Without new profile editor user interface concept we will just clone
today's phones profile managers, where even wanna-be geek doesn't
catch dependency (or priority) between group ringtone, profile sound
volume and group-based call rejecting (I have Nokia 6130, so please
excuse me).

--
Tomek Z.
tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com