DBus for Generic Data Access Methods?

Jim McDonald Jim at mcdee.net
Tue Jan 30 13:41:10 CET 2007

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

[...]

> the question is still why. We have EDS. So no reason to invent another
> interface for the same purpose. Don't try to over-complicate things.

So this is an argument against abstraction, which I understand but
disagree with.  It comes back to the two choices that I gave a couple of
emails back: work with the existing APIs or attempt to create a new one
that is specifically designed for OpenMoko's purpose.  You prefer the
former, I prefer the latter.  Let's leave it there for now and see what
the overall community thinks when it gets closer to the time for this
type of thing to be decided upon.
> Marcel

Cheers,
Jim.