Is vim included out-of-the-box or shall i port? (was: Re: Development environment

michael at michaelshiloh.com michael at michaelshiloh.com
Wed Jan 31 17:52:46 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Simon wrote:

> I use vim, but I don't want to scare you away from Linux development,
> so I'm not going to recommend it. The learning curve makes it an
> acquired taste.  There's KDevelop and Eclipse if you're after an IDE,
> but I've used neither, sorry.  Same with Kate and GEdit, though I'd
> imagine GEdit wouldn't really have completion as far as I know.

Yay vim geeks!

Speaking of vim, will vim (or another derivitive of vi) be among the included
applications, or shall I try cross-compiling it right now? (I can't live w/out
vim).

To justify this being on the developer list and not the community list I could
pretend that only developers will want vim on their Neo.

Michael