Mobile Java Platform

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Wed Jan 31 21:13:35 CET 2007

Dnia środa, 31 stycznia 2007 17:29, Christopher Heiny napisał:

> But then it will bit rot or be otherwise neglected, and stops working.
> Or the person who got it up and running gets run over by a bus, and any
> special tricks (or even the knowledge that there are no special tricks)
> gets lost with them.  Or maybe they've signed an NDA of some sort and
> can't tell us what they did.  So it's good to have a central place
> where we can capture knowledge like that.
>
> Maybe we decide to make some super cool OpenMoko Java class libraries.
> It's good to have a central place where they can be developed and
> maintained.

I think that we need 'pkg-java' project which will take care of building
Java VM and Java related packages. This way group of Java maintainers can
even create own ML for discussing problems without sending all mails to
one central devel list.

That kind of work is done in Debian project - see http://alioth.debian.org

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

We were talking about everything. It's called friendship. It's like
therapy for poor people [WaT 2x18]