Is vim included out-of-the-box or shall i port? (was: Re:, Development environment

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Wed Jan 31 21:18:37 CET 2007

Richi Plana wrote:
> Why would you want vim (or any source editor) running on your Neo?

Obviously you either don't use vim on a regular basis or understand what it does/how it works.  Vim will save you *many* keystrokes...which is even more important on a small device.

I'm pretty sure that I saw it on the OE repository, so I think it is there.  However, the scenario I would probably encounter more is that when I ssh into a server I can update configs on the server...which means it just has to be installed on the server, not the device itself.

All that aside.  I don't see it as deal maker/breaker.  So, if it is available for the platform then great...people who want/need it can install it.  Those that don't know what it is or why it is useful can just use a more basic editor.  That is the beauty of being able to control what goes on your phone.