multi-touch in X

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 00:20:15 CEST 2007

As always, I could be wrong... However, my understanding is that it
requires a different type of touchscreen and possibly a different type
of control chip than you normally find with pda/touchscreen devices. In
this case I believe that resistive touchscreens are not capable of
distinguishing multi-touch situations. Some capacitive touchscreens
apparently can. What else is involved beyond driver changes I do not
know.

--Tim