Windows Client Software: The hard truth.

Mark markitect at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:28:20 CEST 2007

I have to agree; when the phone hits mass availability, the average
user (assuming mass adoption) will be in windows.  That would
effectively make it just another phone to them.  I guess I just
assumed the linux apps were being written to be easily portable when
the time comes.

I haven't looked at the Linux host apps at all , but as long as they
are gtk based it might not be too painful.  We might also bundle it
with the required cygwin dlls, but personally I hate that solution.
There may also need to be some driver work, does anyone know if it
will show up as a mass storage device to windows?