On Screen Keyboard needs work.

Bryce Leo bryce.leo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:46:58 CEST 2007

Hey all.

I've been playing around more and more with the emulated OpenMoko
environment and I absolutely loath that On screen keyboard.

1) There should be a shift key (single tap caps next,double tap for
caps lock) instead of two different keyboard sets.

2) Have a couple of the major/common symbols for text and web browsing
on as a secondary function to keys.   Examples:   , . ! ? / \ : & @ $
" '

Is the treo keyboard design copyrighted, because if not, it's a
fantastic text input on the run, it's great for web browsing, quick
emails and sms.

I think an emoticon menu in there would be pretty nice. Just some simple ones.

I think the the treo's blackberries and q's out there have the
keyboard idea pretty much right.

Anyone have some thoughts?

Bryce