Icon problems when running in x86 chroot

Alexandros Karypidis karypid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:12:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

When I try to run OpenMoko in a Xephyr window on my x86 box, the display
comes up with the icons missing. I get the following messages in the
chroot shell from where /etc/X11/Xsession is launched:

mbmenu: no _MB_THEME set on root window
mbinputmgr: failed to open /home/root/.applications/inputmethods
mbinputmgr: no session data found.
(openmoko-today:6177): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the
icon 'moko-call-answer'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
        http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases

** (openmoko-today:6177): WARNING **: Cannot load stock icon from
theme : moko-call-answer
** (openmoko-today:6177): WARNING **: Cannot load stock icon from
theme : ....

The "Cannot load stock icon from theme : XXXX" is repeated many times. I
have the openmoko-icon-theme-standard package installed:

/ $ ipkg list | grep theme
openmoko-icon-theme-standard - 0.1+svnnow-r1_2232 -
openmoko-sound-theme-standard - 0.1+svnnow-r0_2163 -
openmoko-theme-standard - 0.0+svnnow-r5_2370 -
xcursor-transparent-theme - 0.1.1-r1 -

This is how I launch openmoko in the chroot:

/ $ ipkg configure
/ $ pango-querymodules > /etc/pango/pango.modules
/ $ gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
/ $ eval $(dbus-launch)
/ $ /etc/X11/Xsession

Everything displays and works properly: I tried the calculator, contacts
dates and feed reader applications, created contacts / appointments
etc. However, the "Welcome to OpenMoko" screen has incorrect icons next
to "Unread Messages" and "Missed Calls", as well as on the butons in
the bottom row that activate the dialer, contacts, etc.

Is there some package that is needed for these icons that is not
installed with "make openmoko-devel-image"? Which is it?

Can someone tell me the filename of one of these icons so that I may
check whether the file exists in my chroot fs?