Why GTK+ 2.6 is the preferred version?

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Mon Jun 25 21:29:46 CEST 2007

Hello.

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 12:09, Carl Worth wrote:

> The maemo folks are already moving to GTK+ 2.10. I hope openmoko will
> as well. (And if you do run into any performance problems with cairo,
> please let me know and we will fix them straight away.)

As we started cairo was not that much optimized and even maemo was
using 2.6 at this time.

Time has changed an cairo is heavy optimized now and we definitely
will switch to a newer GTK+/pango/cairo version.

ATM we just have to much items with higher priority, but we are on the
way to sort them out step by step. For example would it not make sense
to do the switch before we are finished with the next OE sync. We
would have to redo work that was already done in OE.dev

I know we say this often, but please be patient and give us some more
time. :)

regards
Stefan Schmidt