MokoMakefile disabling of "svnnow" and new force-rebuild target

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Mar 3 00:32:40 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 09:59 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Koen Kooi schreef:
> > Werner Almesberger schreef:
> >> Don't worry, we hate it too :-) It's just the lesser evil for now,
> >> since we have quite a number of things that change very rapidly,
> >
> > Looking at at the rate of svn commits your definition of 'very rapidly' differs
> > wildy from mine, moko has ~90 commits per week (including changes to trunk/oe,
> > not the source code!), 'very rapidly' would be 90 commits per  *day*. The only
> > thing that changes (not even rapidly) is uboot. And uboot is not something 90%
> > of the developers want to build. And a large part of the remaining commits seem
> > to get reverted when someone tries to build it.
>
> And those number include 29 commits to mokomakefile as well.

Given the extraordinarily quiet state of openmoko-devel,  distro-devel,
and the fact that my last 4 posts to openmoko-devel and my last one to
community seem to have gone to the bit-bucket, either the core people
are too busy to respond or something is seriously broken with the lists.

Phil