MokoMakefile disabling of "svnnow" and new force-rebuild target

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sun Mar 4 11:15:41 CET 2007

Harald Welte wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 10:51:34AM +1030, Rod Whitby wrote:
>> I have modified MokoMakefile to disable the "svnnow" functionality
>> (which rebuilds all openmoko-specific packages every time you build),
>> and have added a 'force-rebuild' target to the Makefile which lets you
>> do the same thing, but at a time of your choosing.
>
> Two days ago, I have implemented a couple of modifications to
> base.bbclass and bitbake-1.6.2 which fix this.
>
> So what it now does, is: For each file/directory in SRC_URI, check the
> upstream revision number and construct one string out of all revision
> numbers.  Put that string in PR.  If it didn't change (i.e. none of the
> upstream sourcres have changed), don't rebuild.

Excellent!

> An experienced python developer (those bitbake changes were my first
> lines of python code ever) will review those changes, probably
> reimplement bits of it, and after that we'll publish those changes -
> along with instructions on how to use the patched bitbake.

... at which point I will update MokoMakefile to use the moko-specific
bitbake and do things as you have described.

That's the other advantage of MokoMakefile - you can roll out a change
like this across all the users (instead of each of them having to run a
number of manual commands to change bitbake) ...

-- Rod