Experimenting with autotools recursive build for the entire OM-2007 tree

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Sun Mar 4 12:32:20 CET 2007

Le samedi 03 mars 2007 à 20:19 +0100, Rodolphe Ortalo a écrit :
[...]
> [1] Unfortunately, I wiped out the entire MO-2007 source while I
> (thinking I was) cleaning the separate build tree. Modulo the
> frustration, I will probably redo it soon as it involved more tuning
> than heavy work; but you'll have to wait a little more if you want to
> see a patch for the fine details.
[...]

OK. It builds again correctly now for the following sub-dirs from a
single top-level configure (even in a separate build tree):
openmoko-libs
applications/openmoko-footer
examples/openmoko-finger-demo
examples/openmoko-stylus-demo
examples/openmoko-stylus-demo-simple

btw make distcheck also spotted discrepancies between the Makefile.am
and configure.ac in openmoko-libs/ (the former does not list libmokonet,
libmokocore, etc. while the latter wants to create makefiles in them).

If you want to see my changes, just ask - I will take care not to wipe
it again ;-). Right now, I am playing with automake conditionals to see
if I can easily switch whole sub-packages on/off from the toplevel
configure (panel demo issue for example).

Well... Apart from the autotools-isms (ie: running configure takes
nearly as much time as running make), seems okay. I wonder how it
compares to qmake (or another more modern build system).

Rodolphe