FIRST OPENMOKO IN THE WILD!

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Mar 6 23:11:41 CET 2007

Salve Joe, *!

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

> Robert Michel writes:
> >Salve Michael, Jonas, *!
> >
> >> Quoting michael at michaelshiloh.com on 03/06/2007 06:24 PM UTC:
> >
> >Great! Congratulation to the OpenMoko team
+ for this great stepp... a dream is comming true
+ a free linux smartphone :))
> >and to you, that it seems that you are the
> >lucky one to be the first to get the package ;)
> >
> >The one to my place seems to be still in Hong Kong...
To be more exact it is on the way, at the moment in Hong Kong,
transport to LA/USA seems to be faster then to Europe....

> Mine is still being designed...  that's why I was wondering about the
> other 14 Phase 0s!

Oh you have choosen to wait? ^^

But shipping 14 devices would cost also time and money....
so I would not expect that your (and the others) decision
to wait would cause another shipping round with the buggy
Neo1973 GSM Smartphone rev. GTA01Bv3

Waiting 1-2 weeks would help to have the feedback from the
first 36 Neos in the wild - but than the shipping date would be
quite close to the shipping of GTA01Bv4.

Some free devices could be helpful on events like the FOSDEM
that confrence attendees could "play" with one for longer time
at a booth, in a room or just for a day (giving a refund),
or....

Having two devices at one place will help to develop Neo2Neo
application solutions and GTA01Bv3 could be usefull as
testing devices for hardware hacks - soldering I/Os and
sensors to it - I don't think that GTA01Bv3 will be useless
when there is a bug free GTA01Bv4.

But looking on the costs for a world wide shipping I would
not expect the 14 would be waiting to be shipped now.
Just to avoid raising hope....

Just my 2 cents,
rob