Second patch for a big recursive configure

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Mon Mar 12 23:53:18 CET 2007

Hello,

here is a commented install trace that should show how to use a second
patch I just built to use the autotools recursive capabilities on the
entire OM-2007/ subtree.
Please try it and give me some feedback on the whole idea (especially
with respect to the qmake attempts which, at least, seems much faster).

(Adapt my test install path to one you selected of course. This time you
will need automake 1.9 due to the tar-pax option.)

svn co http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/target/OM-2007
cd OM-2007
wget http://rodolphe.ortalo.free.fr/rec_conf2.patch
patch -p0 < rec_conf2.patch
cd devel/scripts/
==> Copy the xoo files gta01.xml and gta01.png here (I did not put them
in the patch you should find them in SVN that's just to enable a custom
launch script for xoo and some apps).
cd ../..
==> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/space/openmoko-svn/testinstall/lib/pkgconfig
==> (adapt this to the location of libgsmd and libipkg)

. ./full-reconf.sh
==> You will need to hit return when gettextize is called (once)
./configure --prefix=/space/openmoko-svn/testinstall --config-cache
make
==> Check build success and install if appropriate
make install
/space/openmoko-svn/testinstall/bin/start-softmoko
==> several apps should run in xoo
make distcheck
==> Should build a big blob but will certainly fail at the last minute
==> with a "stamp-it" distclean error (lacks in a clean target in the
==> gettextize generated Makefile.in.in ...).

Well, all this for a .tar.gz... At least, it fills the time until I get
some real hardware... ;-)

Rodolphe

Notes:
1) Normally it's possible to build in a separate build dir without
problem (that's what I do usually).
2) I dropped the automake conditionals I tried in my first attempt. You
need all the dependencies to successfully configure the whole tree
(libipkg and libgsmd being the most specific ones).
3) I am not sure it is necessary to call glib-gettextize for all
subdirectories, but the full-reconf.sh script does that.
4) Today, openmoko-today fails, but yesterday, today worked. Maybe we
should rename the application ? ;-)
5) FYI, on my machine (real) run times are:
 full-reconf.sh :  7m20s
 configure : 2m30s
 make : 4m