debug-board - flashing faild

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Mar 21 17:43:06 CET 2007

Salve!

As Patrick Sudowe already written, I'm happy to have
on of the first Neos - due test at my university I
tried to find good hacking hands so that others could
use the time before the version4-freezing while I had
to learn...

  BTW when is the deadline for comments which should
  help to make v4 better?

I'm wondering how little feedback from the p0-
receivers are here on the list -  so please excuse me,
I had to spend my time for learning and Patrick, as one
of three I borrowed the Neo for some days, was the only
one gave a feedback here from Aachen(yet) - sorry.
Today I had the last test at university for this winter
and now the first 3 hours to take a longer look to the
Neo1973 :))) but of course I want to go on and free
my phone and chare it with interested people here in Aachen.

This night I want to go to the Linux User Group meeting
here in Aachen and before this I wanted to flash it
with a newer snapshot (The 20070301 hang up while
formating a 1GB microSD) and also see how the debug
board is working (Just to be able to  show and explain
a little more on the phone at this meeting..)

So I patched and compiled ftdi_eeprom successfully¹ (config,
make, make install without error messages) and used
ftdi_eeprom --flash--eeprom neo1973_debug_board_v2.ftdi
to initalise it.
I got a feedback like discripte at the wiki,
*but*
$ lsusb -v -d 0x1457:
doesn't return anything.

with connected debugboard
$ lsub
gives 2 more lines:
Bus 001 Device 065: ID 0403:6010 Future Technology Devices
International, Ltd
Bus 001 Device 064: ID 0451:2046 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB2046 Hub

So I tried to flash it again and now gives an error
$ ftdi_eeprom --flash--eeprom neo1973_debug_board_v2.ftdi
FTDI eeprom generator v0.2
(c) Intra2net AG <opensource at intra2net.com>
Used eeprom space: 102 bytes
Writing to file: neo1973_debug_board_v2.eeprom
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb7f6a4f8 ***
Abgebrochen
$
 Abgebrochen=aborted. :(

Sorry when I made a mistake e.g. by flashing it two times,
does anybody have a hint for me? What went wrong, what
should I do now?

Greetings,
rob

¹
$ libftdi-config --version
0.9
$ confuse-config --version
2.5

PS: And when you are in Aachen or you know OpenMoko/Neo1973
    interested people close to Aachen/Cologne, I like to
    share my phone ;)