Calculator for OpenMoko

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Thu Mar 22 11:00:45 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 23:37 +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Hi Rodolphe,
>
> > the local departement also made a few attempts at building an
> > application for our favorite hack device.
> > Have a look at: http://rodolphe.ortalo.free.fr/mokocalc.png for a shot
> > of the display. That's a simplistic calculator, but well, it can do 4
> > operations... ;-)
>
> Pretty cute -- I like it.

Yeah it's a great start!

> > The early source release is available at (.tar.gz format):
> > http://rodolphe.ortalo.free.fr/mokothings.html
>
> Thanks. How do you want to proceed with this application? Do you want
> to create a project on projecst.openmoko.org or should we think about
> adding it into the official OpenMoko SVN?

Can we just complete this spec:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Calculator

I would be willing to put our designers on this to help with the design.
Is this ok with you?

> > Some questions with respect to such coding:
> > 1) what about the name? I called the app openmoko-calculator, but maybe
> > this name is reserved for the real Phase 2 application I noticed
> > (afterwards) in the wiki...
>
> openmoko-calculator sounds good. I don't see any value in starting
> another application -- if your's will progress nicely, it can be
> as well the "official" openmoko-calculator.

Yeah...I would really like to see this become the official calculator if
you're interesting (and Mickey approves ;-)

> > 2) should we use different buttons style names in such a case? (I have
> > reused the existing styles: mokofingerbutton-{dialer,orange,black} but
> > I'd like a bigger font if possible...)
>
> I think this should be part of the MokoFingerButton in gtkrc.

I think we should ask our designers to turn this into a fully designed
finger application. Is this cool with you both?

-Sean