OpenMoko Java Support

Terrence Barr - Evangelist, Java Mobile & Embedded Terrence.Barr at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 22 13:32:44 CET 2007

Preston,

Not sure if your email has been answered already. Java support
for OpenMoko has been discussed at several occasions, both Java SE
as well as Java ME.

Christopher (heiny at starband.net) has started a project at

   http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/java-pkg/

Communication is via java-pkg at yahoogroups.com

We from the Mobile & Embedded Community http://www.mobileandembedded.org
are very interested in seeing the Sun Java ME GPL open source
implementations be ported to OpenMoko. Alas, we haven't had the
cycles yet to really look into it.

If you are interested in helping drive the effort please let me
know and I will help you get started.

-- Terrence

--
Terrence Barr
Technical Evangelist, Java Mobile & Embedded Community

Registered Office:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten, Germany
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin Haering

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.