USB on-the-go (OTG)- how to use the Neo1973 with USB host and an external keyboard?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Sat Mar 24 01:29:02 CET 2007

Salve,

I have soldered an USB power injector and now I can
sharge the Neo1973 with a 9V battery (one 7805 IC
and two capacitor 100nF are generating 5V),
but when I plug an external keybord with this injector
to the neo, udevmonitor does nothing says...

Is it a software configuration to swith the Neo1973
USB interface from device (network adapter) to host?
How?

http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm?appnote_number=1822&CMP=WP-3

Or does the 5th pin need a connection to GND for that
the Neo1973 switch to host mode?

Does anybody knows good tutorials about USB OTG or just
a good article how to work with USB OTG and Linux.

Greetings,
rob