Is something broken ? (failed compile of libX11-X11R7)

vivek khurana mailing.vivek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 07:52:23 CET 2007

On 3/22/07, Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au> wrote:

> 1) Try to reproduce the problem using the Angstrom distribution (which
> also uses OpenEmbedded, and which is the distribution which is fully
> supported by the OpenEmbedded core team of developers), and if you are
> able to reproduce it there, then you can report it to the OpenEmbedded
> bugzilla without fear of someone closing it simply because it mentions
> OpenMoko.

 Well, Angstrom build without a glitch. I am able to build
angstrom-console-image and angstrom-x11-image.

> 2) Find out exactly who else is experiencing the problem, and see if you
>  can identify some common factor in that group which differentiates it
> from the much larger group of people who are not having a problem.
>
> 3) Find someone who is not having the problem (perhaps someone who is
> building this in a virtual machine environment like VMWare) and
> replicate their environment exactly.  Once you have a working build and
> a non-working build, then examine the differences to find where it breaks.

 One more thing I have noticed, metadata (result of `mtn head` of
openembedded for angstrom and metadata for openmoko is different. Is
it normal ?

 Secondly, as mentioned before, I was able to build openmoko thrice on
same amchine and i have working images too (tested with xoo, if that
can be called working). I did not do any upgrades or installed any
software since the last build, so wht could possibly be causing the
problem ?

Any pointers ?

regards
VK