Asterisk on Openmoko

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Fri Mar 30 19:06:12 CEST 2007

Salve Perry,*!

It sounds like you haven't played with asterisk yet, right? ;)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> "Kannaiyan Natesan" <gbpnkans at gmail.com> writes:
> > Can anyone please confirm whether asterisk runs in the real openmoko
> > phone and takes in the audio ? (asterisk has alsa channel interface).
>
> I can understand why you would want to run a softphone on the Neo (in
> conjunction with something like WiFi that would let you terminate VOIP
> very nicely) but why would you want to run the *switch* on the phone?
> You really want all of that on a server, not on the instrument.

The reson is very simple, when you are a little used with asterisk,
you will love to run it on the Neo1973. Of course not for the mass
market, but for testing some dailing roules or call back services
it is very flexible and powerfull - and much more when you combine
an asterisk on your neo with an asterisk on your server.

exten => my-sip,1,System(/etc/asterisk/my-script.sh)
exten => my-sip,2,Hangup()

When you want a voice menu on your Neo1973:
"Hello Perry, I'm at my sports training till 20 o'clock.
 Please leave a message - or only in urgent case press now
 1."

When you have a cheap tariff for some daytimes or lines,
you could automaticaly rejct and call back...

You have a call forward from fix-line/SIP to GSM.
When you are at home you want to save this routing,
so you use bluetooth. 24/24h Bluetooth is consumpting
to much, so use
exten => my-sip,1,System(echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/gta01-pm-bt.0/power_on)
exten => my-sip,2,Hangup()

When you have doupts, just wait and see what other people
will do with asterisk *on* the Neo1973. ;)))

Greetings,
rob

PS: 5 Minutes ago a saw a green smily on my neo after
    faild flashing a new u-boot yesterday. So it is
    alive again :))))