Asterisk on Openmoko

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sat Mar 31 15:02:22 CEST 2007

"Kannaiyan Natesan" <gbpnkans at gmail.com> writes:
> Can It record while I talk to other party ?  Asterisk can do !

I could also record my conversation with another party by attaching a
600 pound reel-to-reel tape recorder to the device and carrying a
portable generator with me. That wouldn't be the right tool for the
job, either.

> can the /dev/dsp can be shared among applications?
> so that you can talk and simultaneously record.

Many people have hacked it to do things like that, yes. It isn't very
hard. The right thing here, though, is to use an audio multiplexer
system, because one wants to be able to get sounds from applications
while speaking anyway.

Perry