Asterisk on Openmoko

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Sat Mar 31 20:52:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

IMHO, both of you are somehow right (so you may keep on arguing for a
long time). A full blown PBX is certainly overkill for the end device
(in fact, it is contradictive with what we usually associate with a PBX:
the fact that it is *not* the end device..). However, some of the
functionality usually found only in PBX systems would certain be useful
to the end user and it is usually kept out of end device to prevent
users from doing too clever things (like automatically managing their
calls costs or their security settings.. ;-).
So, I don't know if what we need on the Neo should be called asterisk or
an alternative name (maybe obelisk?) but I think that we should have a
constructive discussion on the issue (possibly starting by detailing the
needs on the end device).

Rodolphe