Finger text input idea

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun May 6 03:02:59 CEST 2007

Don Walker wrote:
> This sounds very much like Quickwriting

Yes ! That one looks very interesting and only needed very minor
changes to work with inwheel. I've added the base layer to version 1.
(To be released in a moment.)

I like how it works well for stylus and fingers. I also like that
the movements are a little more uniform than with my wheel.

The layout looks a bit ugly, because it's still a circle. I made
the center very small, since a stylus doesn't need that much rest
room, and with fingers, it's convenient to just tap or circle, so
the rest area isn't used. In fact, for stylus-only use, we could
even make the whole thing a bit smaller.

Thanks a lot for the pointer !

- Werner