Home-Brew IR port. Was - Please Ignore RS232 message. The subject should read IrDA port... Sorry

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Fri May 11 21:50:34 CEST 2007

On 5/11/07, Nuutti Kotivuori <naked at iki.fi> wrote:

> Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Hmm...  when do you suppose we'll start seeing Bluetooth-enabled
> > televisions?
>
> There are, already, from Samsung for instance. Too bad it seems that
> it might be only for Bluetooth headphones, not remote control, yet.
>
> -- Naked

Chicken and egg hoss, there's also no bluetooth remotes out yet to make it
worthwhile to have a bluetooth remote... I like the suggestion of a
bluetooth/CIR gateway... it'd be overkill but some of those little VIA
boards have CIR outputs that, as I understand it, just need a little LED
connection to run... The interesting thing here is you could expand beyond
bluetooth... WIFI... microphone... maybe a little streaming action.  I just
ain't sure I want to dip into the bike fund for that,

--
Jeff