GTK vs QTopia vs Android - (was: Re: Android needsapplications) (will be: new vision for openmoko)

Heilpern, Mark mark.heilpern at authentec.com
Fri Nov 16 18:18:52 CET 2007

In addition to Gabriel's most important observation, it's also worth
noting that when the issue was debated ad infinitum, there was no clear
winner of that debate -- instead, lines were drawn close enough to
center that the incumbent gtk+ won (not that Qt "winning" would have
necessarily changed anything). The point is that OpenMoko is an _open_
platform for this very reason -- if you aren't satisfied with the way
things have been done, you're given the access to change them to suit
your needs. For some, gtk+ is the UI need. For others, Qt/Qtopia fills
that need. I'm sure there are still others with even different personal
requirements for their OpenMoko UI.