GTK vs QTopia vs Android - (was: Re: Android needsapplications) (will be: new vision for openmoko)

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Fri Nov 16 19:02:00 CET 2007

This is the openmoko-mailinglist.
Openmoko is a company and - as the main product a software-plattform.
Openmoko uses GTK+2 as main GUI-toolkit.
Openmoko Inc. will sell the Neo1973-Hardware with OpenMoko preinstalled.

Seem's I have to tell you what this here is not:
This is not the android-mailinglist.
OpenMoko Inc. won't ship their hardware with android preinstalled.
User's don't have to switch.
List1: This is not a list to talk about this and that - this is the
openmoko-devel mailinglist, it's for developers.
List2: This is apps mailinglist - it's for all about applications on the
openmoko-softwareplatform.

I hoped I could resist answering you, but I'm weak.
So please - if you want to talk about android, go to groups.google.com or
so.
I still think you're wrong here - maybe you don't know it, but you are.

And pleeease, if you are an Windows user, stop talking about "fight against
[...] closed source software"...

Disclaimer: I'm not related to FIC or OpenMoko Inc. - I only speak for
myself.