pyroute GPS app (+ bit of help needed)
openmoko at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 18:05:46 CET 2007
I'm playing with a GPS application that's ostensibly designed for OpenMoko,
but haven't actually got a Neo1973 yet to test it with (nor much luck with
Is there anyone who could help to get it running in the actual openmoko
environment; see if the GTK window actually runs, whether any of the modules
it depends on are difficult to install, etc.
* GTK (just enough of a wrapper to let Cairo do all the drawing)
* Touchscreen-style inputs (a finger app; no stylus should be needed)
* OpenStreetMap maps
* Route finding (within city-sized areas)
* Routing for cyclists, pedestrians, etc. as standard
* GPSD integration if you have a GPS
* or just set your position manually on the map
* GeoRSS and geonames (plus POIs from OSM soon)
* Download longer routes from a "route finding web service"
p.s. anticipating lots of angry emails demanding I contribute to some *other*
gps app instead -- please don't send those...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-devel/attachments/20071124/3d9297ff/attachment.pgp
More information about the openmoko-devel