Keypad for fingers, not stylus

Mikkel Meyer Andersen openmoko at mikl.dk
Tue Oct 9 21:17:12 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've started a little project: to make a keypad where it's not required
to use the stylus, i.e. the fingers should be used instead.

The plan is to make an alternative to the matchbox keyboard so that the
new keypad can be used both in terminal, for texting etc.

So far I've only implemented the very basics, e.g. to write a "c" three
pushed on one butten is required. I've also plans for implementing a
dictionary, e.g. T-9 or an alternative: the most common words appear
based on the already entered letters (if "ba" entered manually by
pressing a sequence such as (22,22,2) then the phone should propose for
example "banana").

I'm already thinking about the data structures, search algorithms etc.,
but I'm really not that sharp at C (only at C# ;-)), so it would be
great if someone would participate in especially that part (which also
includes to compile it to ARM and not just x86). I've submitted an
application at projects.openmoko.org, but haven't got an answer yet.

I've attached the code I've got so far. Sorry if it's too ugly, as told
my C is a bit rusten :-).

Please feel free to comment both code, ideas etc.!

Regards,
Mikkel Meyer Andersen