Problems with svn + build system?

Sudharshan S sudharsh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:56:21 CEST 2007

Hello,
I happened to chance upon a weird problem (as always ;))
I have some code in the svn at projects.openmoko.org. I had previously
set up a local overlay as mentioned in the wiki. Day before yesterday we
moved our first code into the svn.
But today I did some revisions in the svn tree and when I do the ritual
of make clean-package-<foo>, make build-package-<foo>, Yesterday's code
is getting built instead of the latest revision in the svn. I had also
removed the build directory where the code gets built.
Now I noticed two things while running bitbake with -D flag

1.) I don't whether it means anything, but I get the following message
NOTE: python-gsmd-0.01:
svn://svn.projects.openmoko.org/svnroot/python-openmoko has no entry in
conf/checksums.ini, not checking URI

2.) When I look into
openmoko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/python-gsmd-0.01-r0, I find yesterday's revision.

I have no idea how that got in even after I had cleaned everything up.
The good folks at irc suggested me to clear the stamps in
build/stamps/arm.. but didn't work.

It would be great if anyone could shed some light on this. Or is it
possible I may have chanced upon a bug in the build system. Anyway just
in case, the recipe is over here
https://projects.openmoko.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/recipes/python-gsmd.bb?rev=8&root=python-openmoko&view=markup

Regards
Sudharshan S