Questions on writing an input method

Lars Hallberg lah at micropp.se
Tue Oct 16 13:22:51 CEST 2007

Derek Pressnall skrev:
> Since there has been a lot of discussion on input methods, I thought
> I'd take a crack at writing my own.  Actually I was thinking of
> putting together more of a framework that multiple input method styles
> can be plugged into.

I'm experimenting with some input method demos, on the input look and
feel end of things (simply pygtk hacks to get the feel of different
approaches). I will soon enough come to this problem and a good
framework/library for system/gui integration would be very welcome.

I would prefer a C API (python bindings is good for prototyping), and
with minimum complexity - I think an input method should strife to be as
lightweight as possibly.

I currently have no clue how this work (standalone app/loadable lib?
sending key thrum system or gui framwork? etc). Please let me know of
any progress You make! If anyone know of any documentation please give
me pointers!

Thanks /LaH