Openstreetmap on openmoko ?

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Thu Oct 18 01:51:36 CEST 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:12:14 +0200, "Nic Roets" <nroets at gmail.com> wrote:
> I developed a navigation / searching application for the
> OpenStreetMap.orgdatabase. It's still a work in progress (just like
> Openmoko), but the
> current version runs quite stable together with the planet files created
> in
> July / August.
>
> Porting it to openmoko should not be too difficult as it is GTK+ based,
> uses
> gpsd and is not too resource intensive. Perhaps there is someone on the
> list
> who would like to give it a try.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Gosmore

It looks interesting, but doesn't seem optimized for a touchscreen
interface (mouse wheel zooms and left/middle/right pointer references)

The bitbake recipe would probably be pretty straightforward, and I would
give it a try, but OE is failing (angstrom: gpe-image) for me at GTK+ right
now...  I'll give it a try as soon as that is resolved.

I don't yet have a neo, but I could try it out on my gpe-based ipaq.