Openstreetmap on openmoko ?

Steven Le Roux steven at le-roux.info
Sun Oct 21 04:18:43 CEST 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:12:14 +0200, "Nic Roets" <nroets at gmail.com> wrote:
> I developed a navigation / searching application for the
> OpenStreetMap.orgdatabase. It's still a work in progress (just like
> Openmoko), but the
> current version runs quite stable together with the planet files created
> in
> July / August.
>
> Porting it to openmoko should not be too difficult as it is GTK+ based,
> uses
> gpsd and is not too resource intensive. Perhaps there is someone on the
> list
> who would like to give it a try.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Gosmore
>
> Regards,
> Nic Roets

Really interresting !

I saw that navit was available fo neo too : http://www.kazer.org/navit/navit-neo1973.jpg

Navit is not exactly a OSM browser, it gives you brest directions with dijkstra algorithm. I believe it can browse correctly cards, but perhaps you should contact his author ?

http://navit.sourceforge.net/?page=contact

there are french/german
--
Steven Le Roux