trouble building 2.6.22 kernel

Michael Goff mike_goff at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 01:55:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

I hit this error a couple of times this morning when compiling gtkwidget.c
in  the gtk+ portion. After a retrying with:

  make update-makefile && make setup update openmoko-devel-image

using the MokoMakefile, the problem seemed to clear up. Searching for this
gcc error online:

  fatal error: internal consistency failure

returns references to errors in gcc itself when cross-compiling, such as:

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/13143a4b5b2162d5/ab9e92a721a4d4f0%23ab9e92a721a4d4f0

Mike

--- Karsten Ensinger <karsten.at.openmoko at onlinehome.de> wrote:

> Roland Dreier wrote:
> > Anyone else seen this?  It seems it must be a bug in the cross compiler,
> right?
> >
> > make[4]: Entering directory

`/home/roland/Src/Openmoko/build/tmp/work/fic-gta01-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-gta01-2.6.22.5-moko11-r2/linux-2.6.22.5'