bitbake rm_work error?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Sep 11 18:05:13 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 01:02:24PM +0400, Evgeny Ginzburg wrote:
> Rod Whitby wrote:
> >You need to do the INHERIT += "rm_work" trick to be able to use the
> >remove-work target.
> >
> >Perhaps I should make rm_work the default for MokoMakefile.  Anyone have
> >any strong objections to that?
> Sounds reasonable, always possible to remove this from Makefile, or make
> nice option to disable it.

adding rm_work as the default is probably the best we can do in a bad
situation with mokomakefile.

I'm starting to think that it might be a good idea to start a new embedded
distribution based on using fully distributed version control systemes
like git or mercurial to check the upstream source code into, then apply
all the openmoko/openembedded patches, check *those* in, and then do a
build.

Checking in patches seems to me to be a workaround for version control
systems that can't handle all the data for an entire source tree, or
provide mechanism for merging upstream sources.