Is neo1973 dual boot possible?

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Sep 24 20:37:52 CEST 2007

Krzysztof Kajkowski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to have both Qtopia and OM environments on one phone?
> One could be able to chooses system on startup (such as grub or lilo
> chooses Linux or Windows ;). That would be useful - you could use
> Qtopia env as a phone during day but at night you could reboot to OM
> and start hacking ;)

No need to boot two systems.

The way I originally ported Qtopia to the neo was putting Qtopia on the
sd, symlinking /opt/Qtopia to that, stopping gsmd and all the x-server,
and running the qtopia startup script.

This probably could be a choice at init time, or some 'app' in
Neo/Qtopia that
does this.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech