State of the ALSA sound scenarios/state files
zecke at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 16 08:43:37 CEST 2008
I wondered what area of responsibility the ALSA state files are in, and what
we plan to do with them.
From my testing and experience:
- Works for doing phone calls
- People will not enjoy the conversation with you (at least mickeyl didn't.)
- e.g. reducing "Mono" (as in alsamixer), reduces the ugly noise on the
other side, but also reduces the volume.
- Barely working. It is almost impossible to hear anything, the microphone
does not seem to work at all.
- The pains of audio. I will make this the sound of my alarm clock, it has
the potential to wake up the death. :)
so does this experience match up with yours? Is there anything I can do/test
to improve the situation? On the bright side, the Qtopia/X11 image does boot
up, you can enter your SIM PIN and make phone calls. We have to make the
audio experience as pleasant as possible now... :)
More information about the openmoko-devel