openmoko-panel-plugin weirdness

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Wed Apr 16 13:48:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

we have some panel plugins that will appear if and only if the related
function is enabled.  for example, wifi icon will only appear if wifi
is enabled.

i found that if you turn off wifi then restart x, the icon will not
show up even if you turn it on again.  however, if the enclosed patch
is applied, it will behalf normally.

it turns out if the plugin shows itself in the beginning, it can be
show/hide normally.  however, if it hides itself in the first place,
it cannot be correctly shown again.

i am new to ui programming, so could someone please tell me what's the
proper way to fix this?  maybe in openmoko-panel-2?

Regards,
John