[RFC] change openmoko-panel-gps to notification only?

Andy Powell openmoko at automated.it
Wed Apr 16 14:30:41 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 12:37, John Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since now we can turn on/off gps from neod (power button), and it's
> relatively harder to reach the edge of touch screen on neo, I would
> like to propose we remove the popup menu from every icon on panel.
> This will be consistent with the wifi and usb icons.  What left now
> are gsm and bluetooth.
>
> Here is a patch to openmoko-panel, if nobody rejects I will commit it
> by the end of this week.
>

> Regards,
> John

Perhaps neod shouldn't return to the home screen once the requested action is
performed. If you were turning off wifi, then bluetooth, then gps etc would
become a little annoying to have to press the power button each time. I'd
also ask for an 'All radios off' option... (Flight mode) and possibly an 'All
radios on' option too (doesn't grab me).

--

Andy / ScaredyCat