Booting from SD on GTA01 possible?

Marcelo marcelo.magallon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 16:30:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

recently I got access to a GTA01 and while trying to back up the flash
contents I saw several read errors which grew into an unreadable
filesystem.  Rebooting fixed this, but now I'm not entirely confident
about the flash chip's good health.

Looking at the options I saw on the wiki that GTA02 can boot from SD.
Looking at the uboot installed on the device I have I didn't find this
option, but I saw it in the emulator.  Is booting from SD a GTA02-only
feature or do I just have to upgrade the uboot version on the device
that I have?

Thanks!

Marcelo