Makefile responsibility?

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Wed Apr 30 18:45:36 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 12:13 -0400, Lon Lentz wrote:
> Is there a single point of contact within OM who is responsible for
> the Makefile? The number of issues using Makefile have been steadily
> climbing the last few months and the number of failures out number
> successful builds these days. While I have gotten help from #openmoko
> for makefile issues in the past, no one really wants me spamming
> issues everyday till I get a response.

Lon,

The MokoMakefile is not maintained by OpenMoko and nor is the build
system that it hides (OpenEmbedded and bitbake).

However...

>  My current issue:
>
> NOTE: package opkg-0.0+svnr1-r3: task do_fetch: started
> NOTE: fetch http://downloads.openmoko.org/sources/opkg_svn.openmoko.org_.trunk.src.target._1_.tar.gz
> --11:54:28--  http://downloads.openmoko.org/sources/opkg_svn.openmoko.org_.trunk.src.target._1_.tar.gz
>            => `/home/cerebus/moko/sources/opkg_svn.openmoko.org_.trunk.src.target._1_.tar.gz'
> Resolving downloads.openmoko.org... 88.198.93.219
> Connecting to downloads.openmoko.org|88.198.93.219|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 11:54:29 ERROR 404: Not Found.

This looks like the sane srcrev is missing for opkg. I believe this will
have been caused because Tick asked for the revision to be
"unfixed" (i.e. it should now track head).

You'll need to ask an OpenEmbedded developer to look into this and fix
as appropriate. In this case I think Julian made the change so I have
CC'd him to this e-mail.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/