Evolution EBook library in toolchain

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Tue Feb 12 02:50:54 CET 2008

I am trying to enhance the 'contacts' database by using EBook. Hope that
this is the right way?
But I was missing the evolution header and libraries in the toolchain, so
I tried to built evolution myself - without success:
evolution-data-server-1.12.3$ ./configure --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/usr/local/openmoko/arm
configure: error: You need to install a working iconv implementation, such as ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

I downloaded and installed libiconv as suggested (with the same configure
arguments as above, for arm), but it didn't help.

When I configure evolution on my local linux machine, the iconv check
passed, but next error occures:

checking for SOUP... configure: error: Package requirements (libsoup-2.2 >= 2.2.91) were not met:
No package 'libsoup-2.2' found
[etc...]

Any idea about this?
Having evolution in the toolchain would be nice.
Is there any other project around that manipulates the addressbook?

Regards,
Alex.