boot time reduction - early PIN request

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Sun Feb 17 23:56:51 CET 2008

raster said:
"""and how do you propose to display the dialog, request and on-screen
keyboard as well as handle input... without x? :) (other than
re-implementing it all) :)"""

so this is already answered... you're proposing we should reinvent the
well (or add some other library that does, like ecore-fb, suggested by
mike).

Also, bear in mind that you oversimplifying a task, like in this case
a GUI operation, doesn't help... if adopted can cause problems in
future... remember that a compiler is "just convert some text to
binary commands" and a kernel is "just a program to abstract hardware
access"... :-(

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi - Embedded and Mobile Software Development