SPI device driver question

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:38:48 CET 2008

On 25/02/2008, Jerry Shao <jerrylshao at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am working on FIC phone (gta01) to add a new spi device. The problem is
> that  the probe function is not invoked when spi_register_driver is called.
> Can anyone provide information how to make probe function to be called?
>
> Looks to me that we have to add the device info (such as name, irq...) in
> spi_board_info in mach-gta01.c Can anyone confirm is it right way?

Yes, exactly. As with platform_devices, the .name field needs to match
that of the driver.  Note that the probe function is not invoked
immediately when spi_register_driver is called.  It will be called
later in the boot sequence.

Regards
--
Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Spread
environmental awareness.