gta02a5 prototype #30 brief review

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Feb 27 07:36:21 CET 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Executive summary: An order of magnitude less problems compared to v4. Things
> are really falling in place.

Kewl :-)

A few additions after Andy's comments:

> * audio is a bit on the soft side, did the amp change or is it a software
> problem?

Graeme suggested yesterday that the audio routing has mixed up the
speakers. He's looking into it. So this may be all software.

> * BT and GPS power nodes are only in a very deeply embedded i2c subdir,
> whereas the other device nodes are in /sys/devices/.

I guess we can consider this a documentation issue ;-)

> * the LEDs do not turn off (echo 0 keeps them slightly on)

That one's a little scary. Let's hope it's just bad PMU programming.
I guess this means that we're not burning enough midnight oil, or
else we'd have spotted it ;-)

> * the blue LED can not be turned on

Does your blue LED also remain slightly on, like the others ?

- Werner