Phonebook on SIM card

Chia-I Wu olv at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 29 05:59:10 CET 2008

Hi Bobby,

(moving the discussion to openmoko-devel)

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 01:15:08PM -0600, Bobby Martin wrote:
> I will also soon have an interim solution for importing contacts from
> the SIM into the address book for you to put up there, too :-)
I spent some time on phonebook importing last weekend (for fun :-).
Currently, I am able to read the phonebook entries from the SIM and
insert them into EDS.  Unicode entries are also supported, but the
support is a little bit ugly.  I plan to work on a cleaner way for
unicode support over this weekend.

My biggest problem right now is that openmoko-contacts is not aware of
the phonebook on SIM card.  This means, deletion or renaming from
openmoko-contacts do not propagate back to the SIM.  This can cause
confusion to the users.  Do you have any idea how to deal with it?

I also noticed this problem from the gsmd side:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/gsmd-devel/2008-February/000478.html

Phonebook import is a must for me.  It is really great to see you also
work on it.

--
Regards,
olv